Relaunch of the updated National Infection Prevention and Control Manual (NIPCM)
The Chief Nursing Officer for Scotland, Professor Alex McMahon relaunched the updated National Infection Prevention and Control Manual (NIPCM) last week (11 July 2022). Acknowledging the current phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, the manual's contents reflect the transition from the Winter Respiratory Infection Prevention and Control Addendum. The relaunch emphasises the ongoing importance of the application of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) guidance within health and care settings across Scotland.
The NIPCM aims to:
- help reduce the risk of Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI)
- make it easy for care staff to apply effective infection prevention and control precautions
- reduce variation, promote standardisation, and optimise infection prevention and control practices throughout Scotland
- improve the application of knowledge and skills in infection prevention and control
- help alignment of practice, education, monitoring, quality improvement and scrutiny
ARHAI Scotland (part of NHS National Services Scotland) commissioned NES to create a short animation which provides an overview of the NIPCM, including what it is, who it is for and what it contains.
View the National Infection Prevention and Control Manual and animation
July, 19 2022