Update on Library Resources
The team behind The Knowledge Network has been working on renewing the subscriptions that underpin this amazing resource.
Health and social care staff across Scotland will continue to have access to a range of high-quality resources via The Knowledge Network including:
Evidence Summary resources
- BMJ Best Practice
- Dynamed Plus - with Nursing Reference Centre and Rehab Reference Centre
A wide range of databases, such as Medline, Embase, CINAHL, ClinicalKey, PsychInfo, Cochrane, Barbour, remain available with the following additions:
- Social Policy and Practice
- The Sociology Collection
- Critical Illness - supporting prescribing in critical care
eBooks and online journals
An additional 470 eBooks are to be added over the coming weeks.
We still offer access to over 4000 journals, including key publications such as the BMJ collections, The Lancet and JAMA.
There have been some new additions including:
- Journal of Child Psychotherapy
- Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability
- Journal of Mental Health
- Occupational Therapy in Mental Health
- Adoption & Fostering
- Foot and Ankle International
- Trauma, Violence & Abuse
Some titles were not renewed. If staff would like further details, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS Scotland Health and Social Care staff can request materials not in the Knowledge Network collection and details on how to do that can be found at: If an item is not available on The Knowledge Network
Learning and development support resources
- GoodPractice - recently renamed MindTools
- RefWorks - Reference Management software
The outcome was very positive and should see staff able to access key resources to help them in their professional development and improve care.
Full details are available on the What’s New page of the Knowledge Network.
April, 27 2022