Scottish Reduction in Antimicrobial Prescribing (ScRAP)
Quality Prescribing Scottish Reduction in Antimicrobial Prescribing (ScRAP) Programme V2 *Updated and extended to support improvements in UTI management*
The ScRAP programme is an educational toolkit to help support a reduction in unnecessary antibiotic prescribing in primary care. The ScRAP programme was originally launched in 2013, and updated in 2016-2017. The update includes refresh and reformatting of the general antimicrobial resistance and respiratory tract infections (RTI) sessions, and addition of sessions on urinary tract infections (UTI).
Although primarily aimed at GP practices, ScRAP V2 may also be of interest to others involved in the assessment and management of infection in primary care, for example district nurses and care home staff.
ScRAP is a collaborative development between the Scottish Antimicrobial Prescribing Group (SAPG) and NHS Education for Scotland (NES). Development has been undertaken by a multidisciplinary reference group with clinical and educational representation.
ScRAP Support pack (pdf)
ScRAP PowerPoint slides with facilitator notes:
- Session 1: Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infection
- Session 2: Public Understanding and Expectations
- Session 3: Targeting Prescribing – RTI
- Session 4a: Improving Management of Uncomplicated Female UTI
- Session 4b: Improving Management of Complicated UTI (Older people, catheter associated, men)
- Session 4c: Improving Management of Recurrent UTI
NB. Please select read-only mode when opening the presentations.
Good Practice Examples
If you have anything you could share please complete the template below and send to email@example.com
- PHE Diagnosis of UTI – Quick Reference Guide for Primary Care
- SAPG – Management of Suspected UTI in older adults
- FeverPAIN desktop calculator
Evaluation e-Survey Links
Please complete every time you deliver or participate in a sessions to help us assess uptake and impact.
Supplementary learning and information
- ScRAP UTI literature search (2016)
- TARGET webinar series
- RCGP e-learning - UTI
- RCGP e-learning - RTI
- NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries - Infections and infestations
You can view the full recording of the WebEx which was held on on 1st March 2017 below.
For further information about the ScRAP programme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org