We have produced a number of training resources for NHS Scotland healthcare staff to support the delivery of Prevention of Infection education.
These resources can be used by NHS Scotland organisations to support and complement the delivery of their healthcare associated infection education programme.
List of resources
- Antimicrobials in Clinical Practice
- Breaking the Chain DVD
- Career and Development Framework for IPC Nurses
- Preventing Infection in Care
- Preventing Infection in Care Resources
- Preventing Infection in Care Training Video Clips
- Preventing Infection in Care @ Home
- Surgical Site Infection Surveillance Methodologies
- IPC Education, Training Requirements of HCWs in the Community
Details of the intended target groups and the scope of the materials are described in the introduction to each of these resources.
The team have prepared a flyer (summer 2013)which details the extensive suite of training available in the prevention and control of infection. Updated version will be available from April 2014.
Compendium of HAI Guidance
The purpose of the HAI compendium is to provide NHS Scotland staff with all current HAI national policy, guidance and associated supporting materials e.g. checklists, care bundles, patient information leaflets and training scenarios. The Compendium can be donwloaded from the HPS website.