We have produced a number of training resources for NHS Scotland healthcare staff to support the delivery of Prevention of Infection education.
These resources can be used by NHS Scotland organisations to support and complement the delivery of their healthcare associated infection education programme.
List of resources
- Antimicrobials in Clinical Practice
- Breaking the Chain DVD
- Career and Development Framework for IPC Nurses
- Preventing Infection in Care
- Preventing Infection in Care Resources
- Preventing Infection in Care Training Video Clips
- Surgical Site Infection Surveillance Methodologies
- IPC Education, Training Requirements of HCWs in the Community
- Preventing Infection in Care @ Home
Details of the intended target groups and the scope of the materials are described in the introduction to each of these resources.
The team have prepared a flyer (summer 2013) which details the extensive suite of training available in the prevention and control of infection.