We have produced a number of training resources for health and social care staff in Scotland to support the delivery of infection prevention and control education.
These resources can be used by NHS Scotland health boards and social care and voluntary organisations in Scotland to support and complement the delivery of their healthcare associated infection education programme.
List of resources
- Antimicrobials in Clinical Practice
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Workbook
- Breaking the Chain of Infection
- Career and Development Framework for IPC Nurses
- Common Skin Conditions Explained
- Framework to Support Staff Development in the Decontamination of Re-usable Medical Devices
- Getting it Right: Practical Application of SICPs
- Hand Dermatitis
- Indwelling Urinary Catheter Maintenance
- Minimising the risk of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection and other waterborne outbreaks
- Preventing and Controlling Healthcare Infection: Domestic Services Training Guide
- Preventing Infection in Care
- Preventing Infection in Care Resources
- Preventing Infection in Care @ Home
- Preventing Infections in Healthcare
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Recognising Surgical Site Infections
- Safe Management of Blood and Body Fluid Spillages
- Safe Management of Care Equipment
- Safe Management of Linen
- Skin Tears: Prevention, Assessment and Management
- Strengthening our Defences
Details of the intended target groups and the scope of the materials are described in the introduction to each of these resources.
There is also a short course on Introduction to Patient Safety are a number of health protection educational resources on blood bourne viruses, seasonal flu, immunisation and many more. see the health protection web page. There are a number of patient safety related face-to-face courses available - see patient safety web page. There are a number of resources including skills packs, podcasts and workshops available from the Clinical Skills Managed Education Network.
You can keep up-to-date with all the latest developments on the HAI News page or by subscribing to the bi-monthly HAI E-bulletin using the box on the right hand side of this page.
The HAI resource flyer (spring 2016) details the extensive range of education and training resources available. There is also a stand alone matrix which matches the resources to the target audience groups based on job roles, which may be of assistance when planning local training sessions for staff or identifying training needs for Personal Development Plans.
Compendium of HAI Guidance
The purpose of the HAI compendium is to provide NHS Scotland staff with all current HAI national policy, guidance and associated supporting materials e.g. checklists, care bundles, patient information leaflets and training scenarios. The Compendium can be donwloaded from the HPS website.
- NES Patient Safety and Clinical Skills
- NES Pharmacy educational resources
- Infection Control and decontamination - NHS Denistry
- Health protection educational resources
- Clinical Skills Managed Education Network
- Little Things Make a Big Difference
- Promoting continence for people living with dementia and long term conditions
- Controlling Hospital acquired S. aureus bacteraemia (SAB) in Fife_ Making the most of marginal gains20.4MB