We have produced a number of training resources for health and social care staff in Scotland to support the delivery of infection prevention and control education.
These resources can be used by NHS Scotland health boards and social care and voluntary organisations in Scotland to support and complement the delivery of their healthcare associated infection education programme.
List of resources
- Antimicrobials in Clinical Practice
- Breaking the Chain DVD
- Career and Development Framework for IPC Nurses
- Preventing Infection in Care
- Preventing Infection in Care Resources
- Preventing Infection in Care Training Video Clips
- Preventing Infection in Care @ Home
- Preventing and Controlling Healthcare Infection: Domestic Services Training Guide
- Surgical Site Infection Surveillance Methodologies
- IPC Education, Training Requirements of HCWs in the Community
Details of the intended target groups and the scope of the materials are described in the introduction to each of these resources.
The team have prepared a flyer (spring 2014) which details the extensive suite of training available in the prevention and control of infection. There is also a leaflet outlining the range of educational resources available to support antimicrobial prescribing and stewardship, available in pdf and word formats.
Compendium of HAI Guidance
The purpose of the HAI compendium is to provide NHS Scotland staff with all current HAI national policy, guidance and associated supporting materials e.g. checklists, care bundles, patient information leaflets and training scenarios. The Compendium can be donwloaded from the HPS website.