We have developed educational solutions aimed at improving clinical practice and reducing the impact of HAI in healthcare in Scotland. The Bacterial Resistance: online learning tutorial is one such solution.
Registration and Access
This course is provided by learnPro. Further information about registration and access can be found at our learnPro information page.
The tutorial is aimed at antimicrobial management teams, consultant level physicians and surgeons, specialist training doctors, foundation year doctors, infection control teams, infection control nurses, specialist nurses, community nurse practitioners, charge nurses and ward based staff, non-medical prescribers, pharmacists and dentists.
On completion of this online tutorial you will be able to:
- have an increased understanding of bacterial resistance: its drivers and its clinical impact;
- have a basic understanding of bacteria and the effects of antibiotics;
- understand the importance of infection control and antibiotic management in the control of bacterial resistance;
- have an increased understanding of the mechanisms involved in bacterial resistance;
- be better able to interpret laboratory results/susceptibility testing;
- be aware of patterns of resistance.
The anticipated learning time for this tutorial is two hours. On completion of the course you can print off a record of learning as evidence for your portfolio or training record.