Online short courses
A suite of online short courses are available to health and social care staff in Scotland via learnPro NHS and learnPro Community portals.
Information about registering and accessing learnPro can be found on the learnPro web page.
- Antibiotic Prescribing for Today's Practitioners
- Aseptic Technique
- Basic Microbiology
- Career Development Framework for IPC Nurses
- C. difficile - A Clinical Scenario
- C. difficile - A Clinical Tutorial
- Data Collection Tools
- GaV - Gentamicin and Vancomycin
- Helping Patients Cope with Isolation in Hospital
- Hospital Outbreak Management
- MRSA Screening Programme
- MRSA - A Clinical Tutorial
- MRSA - A Clinical Scenario
- Multi Resistant Gram Negative Bacilli (MRGNB)
- Management of Legionella Incidents in the Community
- Promotion of Continence and the Assessment of Bladder Dysfunction in Adults
- Presentations of Infections in the Older Person
- Prevention and Management of Occupational Exposure (formerly called Needlestick Injury)
- Preventing Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
- Promoting Hand Hygiene in Healthcare
- Quality Improvement in HAI
- Recognising Surgical Site Infection
- The Prevention and Management of Pressure Ulcers
- Urinary Catheterisation
There is also a short course on Introduction to Patient Safety are a number of health protection educational resources on blood bourne viruses, seasonal flu, immunisation and many more. see the health protection web page. Infection control and decontamination online resources for dentistry are available via The Portal.
You can keep up-to-date with all the latest developments on the HAI News page or by subscribing to the bi-monthly HAI E-bulletin using the box on the right hand side of this page.
The HAI resource flyer (spring 2016) details the extensive range of education and training resources available. There is also a stand alone matrix which matches the resources to the target audience groups based on job roles, which may be of assistance when planning local training sessions for staff or identifying training needs for Personal Development Plans.
KSF Dimension Mapping
Completion of the HAI online short courses will provide you with evidence against the KSF dimension 2: Personal and People Development. You will be able to provide evidence of contributing to your own personal development and the further development of knowledge and skills related to HAI and Infection Control.
In addition, being able to demonstrate the application of the new knowledge and skills to your practice can also support the provision of evidence for other KSF dimensions relevant to your post.