Healthcare Associated Infections
The Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) team lead the educational elements of the Scottish Government's HAI Task Force delivery plan on the Prevention and Control of Infection.
The HAI team work with key service stakeholders including NHS Health Boards in Scotland, Health Protection Scotland (HPS), Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS), Health Facilities Scotland, (HFS), Care Inspectorate and Scottish Care. The team has a multi-disciplinary focus in the Prevention and Control of Infection.
Strands of Work
- Educational Programmes
- Online Short Courses
- Training Resources
- Impact and Evaluation
- HAI News
An information flyer (spring 2014) is available which details the extensive suite of education and training courses available in the Prevention and Control of Infection.
Compendium of HAI Guidance
The purpose of the HAI compendium is to provide NHS Scotland staff with all current HAI national policy, guidance and associated supporting materials e.g. checklists, care bundles, patient information leaflets and training scenarios. The Compendium can be downloaded from the HPS website.
- Scottish Government HAI Taskforce
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)
- Health Protection Scotland (HPS)
- Health Facilities Scotland (HFS)
- Care Inspectorate
- Scottish Care
- Scottish Antimicrobial Prescribing Group (SAPG)
- Infection Prevention Society (IPS)
- Tissue Viability Toolkit Online (HIS)
- Infection Prevention Society Outcome Competances
- Patient Safety Educational Resources Leaflet
- Dermatology Pocket Guide: Common Skin Conditions Explained 2013 9.01MB