National Approach to Mentor Preparation 2nd Edition 2013
The focus of this second edition remains on a national core curriculum framework for the preparation of mentors in Scotland.
The National Approach now includes guidance for the identification and selection of nursing and midwifery mentors; a common understanding of the supervising mentor role; and guidance for the identification of the supervising mentor role; and guidance for the continuing professional development of mentors.
Student mentors, qualified mentors, managers, those involved in the delivery of mentor preparation programmes and in the provision of support for mentors may find this a useful reference document.
- National Approach to Mentor Preparation for Nurses and Midwives Core Curriculum Framework (Second Edition) (pdf) 2013
- National Approach to Mentor Preparation for Nurses and Midwives Core Curriculum Framework (Second Edition) (word accessible version) 2013
National Approach to Mentor Preparation Sections
To assist you with quickly finding the sections of the framework which are appropriate to you or your work area please find quick links to each.
- NAMP: Preface
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - Identification and Selection of Mentors
- Section 3 - Core Curriculum Framework
- Section 4 - Curriculum Online Content
- Section 5 - Supervising Mentors
- Section 6 - Portfolio Guidelines
- Section 7 - Scenario Resources
- Section 8 - Guidance for CPD of Mentors
- Section 9 - Embed and Sustain
- Section 10 - Appendices
A poster has been created to inform staff of the National Approach to Mentor Preparation for Nuses and Midwives.