The aim of this eLearning programme is to enable you to promote breastfeeding
through your working practice, taking into account common breastfeeding
problems and to promote the safe use of medicines for breastfeeding mothers.
The eLearning programme is firmly embedded in an ethos of multi-disciplinary
team working and the use of evidence-based information.
By completing this eLearning programme, we hope to:
- Assist you in supporting breastfeeding mothers as part of your day-to-day
- Set out the health implications of increasing breastfeeding initiation
- Provide an overview of conditions that might affect a mother during
- Demonstrate dilemmas in providing evidence-based information on the
safety of drugs used during lactation.
- Explore how you can contribute to a multi-disciplinary, patient-focused
model of care.
- Explore the significance of professional judgement in individual circumstances.